Why exactly you need Website Terms and Conditions?
What does your Website shall contain?
• About You and Your Business
• Your Business Details
• Goods and/or Services Offered
• Intellectual Property Rights
• Terms and Conditions, brief details as under:
- User rights and responsibilities
- Proper or expected usage of the website and potential misuse
- Accountability for online actions, behavior, and conduct
- Payment details such as membership or subscription fees
- An opt-out policy describing a procedure for account termination
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability clarifying the site’s legal liability for damages incurred by users
- User notification upon modification of terms
- Governing Law
- Dispute Resolution
Does having Website Terms increase Business Growth?
Yes, for reasons as under:
- Visitor visiting Your website are sure about how their personal information is going to be used and this increase faith and trust in your product and transactions
- It shows the impression of you being transparent and thus builds trust with your customers and readers
- This thereby increase the brand value of yours and thereby business. Please note that it is only due to Amazon written assurance of refund that customers all over the world choose Amazon and today they are on top against all competitors.
Why and how you need to update of any changes in Terms or else?
If updates are made to a business terms and usage you shall notify your users in advance of those changes so users are aware of what changes will be made and how the changes may affect them.
As already said, it is better to be safe and secure rather than looking for answer later as you never know what cases may be filed against you and by whom and hence you shall ensure all your legal things being done prior to your any business is set-up.